Pages

Sunday 25 August 2013

It's ALL About The Make Up, Girls! (PART 3/4)

MAC, NARS, Benefit, Rimmel, L'Oreal, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent,  Forever 21 and Urban Decay
The product that looks like a deodorant stick, on the top left, is the "Fine-One-One" Sheer brightening color for both cheeks and lips from Benefit. For the first time ever 3 shades come together in one cream- to-powder; pink champagne, sheer watermelon and soft coral. I personally don't use this product for both the cheek and lips as I don't really like my blush to be creamy and for additional hygiene purposes (patting it with tissue should be fine, for some) yet I do love the nude pink colour finish it has on my lips and I wear it very often.
(See with more detail here: http://www.beautezine.com/benefit-fine-one-one/)

On the bottom left, we have the "Dandelion Ultra Plush" Lip Gloss from Benefit. It's a soft pearly pink tone that is extra smooth and (most importantly) has a non-sticky feel. It feels like its moisturizing your lips while making them look glamorous unlike other lip glosses. I recently bought this one, and have been using it A LOT ever since.
(See with more detail: http://www.johnlewis.com/benefit-ultra-plush-lip-gloss-dandelion/p231653844)

Next to that is the "Nude Delight" Moisture Renew Lipstick from Rimmel.
(See with more detail here: http://www.styles2day.com/2010/09/lip-swatch-rimmel-london-moisture-renew.html)
I personally bought this lipstick because I liked another tone similar to this one that was out of stock. I love the nude colour of it, the fact that is moisturizes my lips at the same time, how smooth it is and the beautiful finish it has but its not very long lasting so I decided it to combine it with the "APOCALIPS, NUDE ECLIPSE" Lip Lacquer from Rimmel thats add on a rich intense colour, a satin smooth shine to it and helps it last longer.
(See here, not included in the picture above: http://rubybox.co.za/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/i/rimmel_600x6004.jpg)

Next up is my favourite Matte "Ruby Woo" Red lipstick from MAC. I first saw this one on my cousin and it was L.O.V.E at first sight. Girls, NO! It's not like any other red lipstick that can be replaced, this one is actually WORTH ALL THE MONEY! Everybody knows that MAC is known for their good quality, especially if it comes to their lipsticks. Ruby Woo, is sexy, bold and very long lasting, I think I can actually say that if theres no eating involved, it would stay on for the whole night? I absolutely love the matte red lips and I know, with experience, that this will make a statement on everyone.
(See with more detail here: http://s9.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/44054259.jpg)


Side by side to that, is the L'Oreal Contour Khôl 131 Jet Black Eye Pencil which is a combination of oil and wax resulting of a long lasting and intense colour result. This was an eye pencil that I had found in my make up pile, when I realised that my (black) Dior Long Wear Waterproof Eyeliner 0094 (next item to the left) was coming to its end. This Dior eyeliner is what I have been using ever since I owned an eye pencil and it comes with a sharpener of its own, so I absolutely love it! It's waterproof and it has two sides to it; one the eye liner itself and on the other, there's a foam, to help create a smokey eye effect. Additionally, it offers an intense colour, so for those of you who tear a lot or often look like a panda, won't have a problem with this one!







To the right, is the Yves Saint Laurent Liquid Eyeliner Moiré (colour: 1 steel reflections - steel grey with shimmer) that has an easy-to-handle, flexible brush and an intense bold colour that lasts a very long time. I personally bought this one, as I started using my mom's as a kid, and gradually grew up buying it every time I ran out. I used to love the effect of it on my eyes as the colour is similar to any black eyeliner though it has a different glow to it. Sometimes, however, I use a bold black eye liner, to better highlight the colour of my eyes.



Next, we have the L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24h Extra Black Mascara. Now we all know that L'Oreal is known to be good for their Mascaras so I went out to buy this one to replace the Volume Million Lashes Extra Black Mascara by L'Oreal which was really good BUT I just wanted to try this one out too. The Mega Volume Collagene, has a super sized brush which helps take out all the liquid inside the mascara to give you the volume that your looking for but I can't get over how the brush from the Million Lashes would literally "millionize" your lashes by separating any clumps. So I recommend getting the Mega Volume Collagene 24H Extra Black Mascara with one of those sharp brushes that will "millionize" your lashes and separate your clumps.

The next two items to the right are "All over Glitter, Face/Illuminators in Gold and Silver" from Forever 21. I bought these from an outlet in Houston, in February, so unsure if they are still available, but if they are, I definitely recommend it as its not too pricey and you can use it all over your face and body. Usually, I use it around my eyes to highlight them for a night out.

Next up, to the back right, is my fav eyeshadow palette;  Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay. It's part of a sequel and is packed with 12 pigment-rich Taupe and Greige neutral eyeshadow colours allowing you to go from pale to matte to sparkly to smokey dramatic eyes and everything in between. Along with the palette comes a travel size junkie lipgloss and a double-ended shadow/crease brush. To make it even more exciting, each eyeshadow colour has a specific name too it, and my favourite one is called "bootycall" not because of the name, but because of the actual colour, it's the one that I've most used (as highlighter or a simple base colour) and I'm running out of.

The last item and in this picture is the Andy Warhol, limited edition self portrait 1, eyeshadow palette from Nars. I got it as a gift for having spent over £160 in store. It's a portrait of the artist as a perfect palette combining three different eyeshadow colours.

I've never used it as I don't see myself wearing colours such as; bright periwinkle blue and vibrant green, but it is something I'll always keep in my make up stash.

I do, however, recommend it for those people that do or don't mind wearing those colours, as I've seen how a professional make up artist combines these colours beautifully together.

Keep posted for part 4; useful make up brushes! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment