Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

It's ALL About The Make Up, Girls! (PART 4/4)



Some people put their foundation on with their hands, or use a blending sponge whilst other use brushes! It's important to clean your make up brushes regularly as they harbour dirt and bacteria that can cause spots. You can clean your brushes with shampoo or for example, use MAC's own brush cleanser solution.

Let's start off with the biggest brush in the picture, 150 Large Powder Brush from MAC. This ones used for loose or pressed powder products application. I don't really like this brush too much as it's so big, so instead, I use the 116 Blush Brush from MAC (the one above the 150), that is used for sculpting shaping and blending powder products. 

Above that, is the 242 Shader Brush from MAC, which is used for the application and blending of powder, concealer, or emollient-based products, but I personally just use it to apply my concealer as its small and helps cover up small detail around my eyes and other imperfections.

Above that, is the 191 square foundation brush from MAC which is used to apply and blend emollient and water-based foundation and cheek products, such as liquid foundation. It is also, additionally soft as its made of synthetics.

The one above that, is the 188 small duo fibre face brush from MAC, that is used for the light application of powder, emollient or water based foundation and cheek products. Clearly, as you can see from the picture above, I just use it to apply my blush.

I don't remember where my Eyelash Curler is from, but usually it's fairly cheap and it's a shortcut to wide-eyed natural beauty that also helps volumizing mascara resulting in maximum impact.

The pink Blending Sponge is extra handy as its pointed end can be used to apply foundation or concealer around the nose or eyes and the rounded end for make up such as cream, mineral, liquid foundation or blush to the rest of the face. Other than that, it's easy to clean; as all you have to do is squeeze it under soapy water, several times.

In terms of make up brushes, I occasionally use the next 4 brushes (to the left of this picture) for eyeshadow blending and application. The first brush from the left of the picture is double-sided, one side is used for blush application (which I've never used before) and the other, I use to blend my eyeshadow with. The third brush from the left of the picture, is also double-sided, where one side I use to "millionize" my eyelashes and shape my brow with, whilst, the other side again, is use for eyeshadow application. I bought this set from Superdrug in London for around £10 and found it totally advantageous and worth it.

Keep posted for my next posts; back to outfits!
XO









No comments:

Post a Comment